Highway 417 Kent Street Overpass Replacement
The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) has retained MMM Group Limited to complete the detail design for replacement of the Highway 417 Kent Street Overpass structure (WP 4033-08-01). The project involves the following components:
- Replacement of the Kent Street Overpass structure using rapid replacement construction techniques;
- Preparation of a temporary enclosed construction staging area for the bridge replacement activities including construction of the new bridge decks and demolition of the existing bridges;
- Replacement of the existing snow fence on the north barrier walls west of the bridge;
- Construction of related works including drainage, roadside protection, illumination, and utility relocations;
- Construction operations on Kent Street, Chamberlain Avenue and the eastbound off-ramp to provide the rapid replacement equipment with access from the construction staging area to the bridge site; and
- Traffic management, in conjunction with the City of Ottawa, for construction staging and the rapid replacement operations.
This project is following the approved environmental planning process for Group “B” undertakings under the Class Environmental Assessment (Class EA) for Provincial Transportation Facilities (2000), with the opportunity for public input throughout the study.
This website will be updated regularly, providing project updates, updated project schedules, information on upcoming events such as the Public Information Centre, as well as project documentation as it becomes available.
If you have questions or comments, or wish to be added to the project mailing list, please visit the Contact Us section of this website.