Highway 417 Noise Barrier Retrofits between the O-Train and the Rideau Canal
The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) has retained McCormick Rankin (MRC), a member of MMM Group Limited, to complete the detail design for various noise barrier retrofits along Highway 417 between the O-Train tracks and the Rideau Canal (WP 4088-07-01). The project involves the following components:
- Construction of new retrofit noise barriers at the following locations:
- O-Train to Preston Street (south side of Highway 417);
- Bronson Avenue to Lyon Street (north side of Highway 417);
- Lyon Street to the Rideau Canal (south side of Highway 417);
- Construction of related works, including retaining walls, roadside protection, drainage works, illumination modifications, and utility relocations, as required; and
- Traffic management during construction will be coordinated with the City of Ottawa. It is anticipated that staged lane reductions/closures, ramp closures and night work will be required to accommodate installation of noise barriers.
This project is following the approved environmental planning process for Group “B” undertakings under the Class Environmental Assessment (Class EA) for Provincial Transportation Facilities (2000), with the opportunity for public input throughout the study.
This website will be updated regularly, providing project updates, updated project schedules, information on upcoming events such as the Public Information Centre, as well as project documentation as it becomes available.
If you have questions or comments, or wish to be added to the project mailing list, please visit the Contact Us section of this website.